Thursday, October 4, 2012

adventures in traveling

So after my baby shower in Buffalo (if you haven't checked out my build a library shower post click here to see it) We were heading back to Chicago and a couple of hours into the trip we realized we would be driving into the city at 6pm on a Monday...HELLO RUSH HOUR!  So we started to decide what we could do instead of me sitting for so long in the car and having to pee because that's what happens when you are pregnant.

I had this horrible image of being stuck in traffic trying to get back into the city and not being able to cross my legs to hold it with my belly in the way.  The things we take for granted, like being able to cut your own toe nails, tying your own shoes, crossing your legs.

So we decided to go check out the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland as we were passing through.  I haven't been there since a high school field trip (I stopped counting the years since I've been out of high school because then I will just feel old, married, and pregnant) and Logan hadn't been there since a family vacation some years ago as well.  When I discovered that there was a Grateful Dead exhibit going on, we had to go because well, I have a special place in my heart for Grateful Dead and I'm somewhat what my husband likes to call a 'dirty hippie.'

Here are some pics from us killing time.  If you have never been to the Rock n Roll hall of fame, I suggest you go check it out...it's really cool to see all that memorabilia especially if you like music.  They don't allow pics in the exhibits so unfortunately they are all outside pictures.  It was a beautiful day and the monkey did get a tie dyed grateful dead bear onesie as a souvenir of where she went in utero.

By the time we got back to Chicago, I was exhausted...we spent 8 1/2- 9 hours in the car and walked around at the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame for almost 2 hours, then had to unload all of our stuff from the car into the elevator and then into our 652 sq ft studio apt, GOOD TIMES.

 Long day but we definitely take advantage of having this last few moments of just Logan and I and making the most out of these long trips!  If we wanted to drive from Kansas City back to Buffalo it's like a 16 hour road trip, gross, that won't be happening anytime soon.


And the onesie for the Monkey who needs to make her appearance soon...this mama is done being prego!




No comments: