Monday, October 1, 2012

To My Husband

It's been a year since we have officially said I do and what a year it has been.

You helped me plan this wedding in 5 months in a place without our friends and family from home and even though I knew you really didn't care about certain details, you still helped as much as you could- for a dude anyway :)

We did nothing traditional, but we did it together. You saw me try on my dress a billion times and reassured me about every other decision every step of the way. People gasped when we told them you had seen my dress, but it worked for us. We spent the night together in our own apartment the night before the wedding and hung out and saw each other on and off the entire day.  I wouldn't have had it any other way.  You were my rock through out all the good times and the very bad times of the planning process and I wanted you near me the entire day. You even brought me lunch :)
I'm so thankful to have a husband like you who did all that and even helped with crafts even with your insane work schedule.

In this year we have done SO much.  We got married, bought a new car, moved to Kansas, found out we were having a baby, moved to Chicago, bought a house, moved back to Kansas City and now this month we are having our baby girl!  Everyone says your first year of marriage is the hardest, well if that's the case then the next fifty years plus will be a breeze. But hey, can we just go on a vacation in 2013 and not have any "big" events?  

I know I don't thank you enough for all the things you make possible for me, I hope you know how much I appreciate you each and every day (even the days where you drive me a little crazy).  We really have grown together over the years and became each others best friends and what more could anyone ask for.

 I don't care what anyone says about marriage, yes it's work and somedays harder than others, but being married is pretty amazing.  

Happy 1st Anniversary my love...


5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it's been a year already!! Have a wonderful day. Eat some cake!

Scribble-N-Dash said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! :)

<3 Melissa

Unknown said...

thank you! we didn't save our cake since we move so much and it would not have stayed frozen but I made him a cake today so we can eat it after dinner tonight.

Unknown said...

thanks so much melissa :)

Unknown said...

Happy anniversary you two! So glad I could be part of your day. Can't believe it's been a year already!