Wednesday, January 14, 2015

LoopPay

Now I know that my life got much busier becoming a mom and required me to bring a lot more stuff on the go- and a lot of mom brain and forgetting to bring stuff. Then when you get somewhere, you are searching everywhere for your wallet or your phone, or even diapers. As moms, I know we can always appreciate short cuts that will help us out in the long run and make our shopping experience with our little ones, a little itty bit less stressful. Now with another one appearing in a month or less (hence the silence on the blog- life is already busy and he is not even here yet, yikes!)

I was recently asked to review a new product on the market called LoopPay.  Now you are probably wondering what LoopPay is, if you have never heard of it. Their patented Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST) technology turns the POS terminals at the stores into card free readers.  It does not require any special equipment to accept the payments and you can save all of your cards on your phone- you can even save your Starbucks card and your loyalty cards as well for other stores.

Now you may be asking a lot of questions like now.   Like, how do you load the cards?  If you are an iPhone user like me, you might be wondering how this is different from ApplePay and what's the difference and what makes LoopPay better?  You also might be asking another question, that I also had, what about security since you can put basically your whole wallet of cards into an app on your phone?

So let's start with what I found to be most important- SECURITY.  When I spoke to LoopPay, my biggest concern before reviewing the product was the security of my identity and any of my debit/credit cards.  There have been SO many breeches lately in stores.  If anyone has been involved in any of those security breeches, you know what a pain in the booty it is to have to have all your card numbers changed and monitoring your account!  There is a password for the app, so not only do you have to use the password to get into your phone (if you do that, I do because my 2 year old loves to touch every button she can on my phone) and then you have to use a passcode to get into the app and use a LoopPay product (they offer a range of products and it seems like they are coming out with new stuff all the time) to use it.  So there are many loops to jump through to get into your information.

Now don't get me wrong, I totally drink the Apple juice.  We use all Apple products in our house and I've been an Apple fan for years.  So I will admit, I was a little hesitant to try the product. If you feel the same way as me, go ahead and check out the website here and click on the topic ApplePay vs. LoopPay explaining the differences .  I know the big thing for me is that I have not upgraded to the new iPhone 6 and so I don't have the technology embedded in my phone already! Also, this technology is more widely accepted than ApplePay at the stores- please check out the article!

So I received the Fob to review- you use the audio jack to connect the Fob and to securely store your info with the integrated card reader and put your cards into the app. The Fob is compatible with any iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5c, 6 and 6 Plus as well as Android OS 4.3 and higher smartphones.  You can even check the Android compatibility on the website. The LoopPay Fob will only require charging every few weeks using the included Micro USB cable.

To input all of my info was super duper easy and real self explanatory and you can even add nicknames to the cards and colors so you know which one is which, as you can see below from the screenshots I took of the app.  It was way easier than I thought it would be and took me no time at all to put in all the cards I wanted in the app.





Here are some of the pictures of the Fob itself and like I said above it literally just plus right into my audio jack! 



So I must say the whole process was super easy to set up as well as use!  The Fob even comes with a keychain that you can put on your keys. You just plug in the Fob, open the app and when you go to pay you can put the LoopPay device right up to where you would swipe your card, you can push the button on the side of the Fob and it will use what your default card is or you can click on the card you would like to use and you will tap on the card to pay, EASY PEASY.

So my only issues with the Fob- they are really my own!  I forget about it and then don't charge it so then I will connect it to my phone and then I go to use it at the register and the sucker is dead.  I need to be better about that (mom brain and pregnancy brain together are a lethal combo!).  Also I have a charge case and it's not the LoopPay charge case so the Fob won't exactly fit into my audio jack until I take the battery off the charge case, I guess that just means that I should buy the charge case :)

You really should check these products out, like I said I was hesitant, but as a busy mom who is running in and out of stores and how we can lose stuff all the way at the bottom of our diaper bags, or even looking through your wallet to find the card you want to use- this helps out so much.  Now if only I would remember to charge the thing so it's not dead when I get to the counter!!

Check out the website by clicking here

They also just had the products on display at the 2015 International Consumer Electronics Show and have teamed up with other OEM partners and are now featured in Sky Mall as well!  Check out the two articles below:

Press Release

Customer Newsletter

I give this product a thumbs up!



No comments: