Tuesday, September 9, 2014

fall blog hop- favorite crockpot recipes



I'm joining in on Fall Blog Hop over at Tales of Beauty for Ashes with giving away a Starbucks gift card for all the yummy fall drinks that are out and sharing with you a list of some of my favorite fall recipes.

I love my crockpot, I love my crockpot even more since becoming a mom, it's so easy to dump some stuff into it, turn it on and walk away...unless you are having a day like this one (click here).  Anyway, I'm always on the look out for some new fall recipes and I have found a few, that are not only healthy but kid approved!  Here are some of my favorites and their links to make in a crockpot!


Cinnamon Cumin Beef Stew- This recipe I originally found over at http://www.mamaandbabylove.com.  If you haven't checked out her blog, you should!  She has amazing information and a freezer crockpot meal cookbook thats amazing!  I kinda switched up the carrots and the potatoes, so I will share mine that I adapted from hers- but the base and the amount of spices, etc are all hers.  Her recipe is still delicious, you should definitely check out her e-book though...GOOD, HEALTHY stuff.  I should mention it doesn't have any condensed cream of whatever of any kind!

1 1/2 lb of lean stew meat
1 bag of baby carrots (I just dump them right on in)
1 big sweet potato peeled and diced (or really 1.5 from whatever potatoes you want)
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of black pepper
1 tablespoon of flour (or a thickener of your choice- Stephanie from mama and baby love suggests arrowroot flour)

1 cup of beef broth

Here is her direct link to her slow cooker meals on her website: http://www.mamaandbabylove.com/category/slow-cooker/

Another awesome site for clean eating is the Gracious Pantry- she even has a clean eating pumpkin spice latte, can you say yum?! Here is the link to one of my favorite pork dishes. A yummy Pork Ragout.  My mouth waters just thinking about this

http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-slow-cooker-pork-ragout/


and last but not least how could you not go through fall without having something apple in the crockpot?!  This recipe comes from My Whole Food Life and doesn't contain any sugar!  I'm thinking about making it this weekend when it gets really cool out- the lows are supposed to be in the 40s already and not to mention, my house will smell delicious all weekend long!

http://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/01/15/crock-pot-applesauce/

So those are some of my favorite, healthy, fall crockpot meals...so share with me what are some of your favorites that I should try!!

No comments: