Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Grand Canyon

So the Grand Canyon has always been on my list of places to see and since Sedona is a 2 hour drive to the south rim, we decided to take a day trip our last full day in Arizona.

How impressive the Grand Canyon is!  That whole trip I was amazed how beautiful the world is and how much there is to see. I felt very blessed to be able to see these wonders and hope to someday take Isla back to show her how beautiful and different the world is.

Here are some pictures, if you ever have the chance to go, DO IT!  Pictures just don't do this place justice at all!

So when we were leaving Sedona to go, we really had no idea what we were in store for...well a good ole mountain to drive up.  Logan thought it was awesome,  I almost cried.  Heights + Stephanie = a terrified human being.  There were also no guard rails!  On the way home, I hid myself in my jacket...I'm being serious, yes I am that much of a baby.

Also, on our way to the national park, I see something weird running out into the street, the SUV in front of us slams on their breaks, we slam on our breaks and it looked like some wild pig waddling across the road that I have never seen before.  It was crazy looking and then I googled it and sure enough it's call a Javelina.  Here is a picture I got off of google images, if you have never seen one either.

We did laugh the whole day about this guy running across the street.
Ok back to pictures we took:

If you look closely you can see the winding road, doesn't look that bad from the photos, trust me, me so likie.
It just goes on and on!
Logan asked if I wanted to go all the way up there, um no thank you! But a cool picture
typical pic  
that Arizona sky
Long way down, maybe next time we can spend more than one day and go down to the bottom
Colorado River
So beautiful!

No picture can grasp how big and beautiful it is
The shadows of the clouds were so amazing that day!



No comments: