Friday, November 9, 2012

Yummy Oatmeal Cookies

Ang is here today and sharing a yummy recipe.  I'm always checking out her blog for recipes and all the fun projects she has. Make sure you check her out, She has some really good stuff! These cookies look pretty delicious and easy to make too (something I need as a new mom with little sleep)
 Thanks for being here today, I can't wait to bake these cookies!

Hello,  I'm Ang and I blog over at Juggling Act Mama and love sharing recipes, DIY projects, and fun activities for the kiddos.  I'm married to my high school sweetheart and we both work full time outside the home.  We have two children, Ethan, 4-1/2, and Olivia, 19-months. I hope you'll come visit me to check out some of my favorite posts, like DIY Gardener's Scrub, Popsicle Stick Puzzles or enter my latest Giveaway
Do you ever find yourself just committing to things?  I do it all the time until I end up a little nutty. Ok, so  maybe I'm already a little nutty, but this doesn't help, you know? Anyhow, last week, we had a bake sale at the kid's school to raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness. In a panic, I whipped up these cookies off the cuff, with a little help from my trusty assistant, my 4-1/2 year old son, Ethan!
  The great thing about these cookies is that they're actually not bad for you, but they taste really good.  They literally have just about everything you can throw into a cookie.  Give them a whirl - I think you'll like everything about them.  (Corny, I know!)
Oatmeal Everything Cookies Ingredients: 1 cup butter, softened  1 cup firmly packed brown sugar 1/2 cup granulated sugar 2 large eggs  2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 cup all-purpose flour 1 cup whole wheat flour  1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt   2-1/2 cups uncooked rolled oats 1 cup dark chocolate mega morsels 1/2 cup flaked coconut 1/4 cup dried cranberries 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional

Preparation

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a medium mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugars until creamy.  In a small bowl, whisk the eggs (Ethan loves 'hatching' the eggs!), then blend into the butter sugars mixture.  Add vanilla, stir and set aside.
Be sure to use dry measuring cups, and level off your flours with a knife. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, and salt, stirring well. Add oats and stir to combine. Blend in the wet mixture until the cookie dough is thoroughly mixed.  Gently fold in the chocolate, coconut, cranberries and walnuts.
Drop by rounded tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until brown around edges. Cool on pan 2 to 3 minutes or until firm. Remove cookies from pan and cool on wire racks.
 These cookies are a little crispy on the edges, soft and chewy in the middle, and packed with tons of flavors - you could swap out raisins for the dried cranberries or toss in some white chocolate chips - really anything goes here once you have the cookie dough together.  I hope you'll give these a try, and come visit me, too!

    No comments: