Monday, November 5, 2012



Come Say Hi to Lindsay :)  So excited to have her today and be sure to check out all her adventures of being a mom and all of her sweet stories (her boys are ADORABLE!).  Lindsay and I have known each other for a few years now(beyond the blogging world) and I love keeping up with her beautiful boys!

Hi The Slogans Readers. I'm Lindsay and I'm the girl behind the blog, Little Mudpies. 



Over there you will find a bunch of different things from recipes, like my Chocolate Eclair Cake and Double Chocolate M&M "Kikis"  to tutorials on DIY Elastic Hair ties and the most popular Heatless Curls. You'll also have to check out my Momma Tales, that's where I share all things motherhood.

Stephanie and I are actually real life friends. She use to live by me and was there for most of my pregnancy with my oldest son, Oliver. Then she met the man of her dreams and became a Gypsy for awhile, until they settled into their little love nest. When she told me she was pregnant, I was so excited for her and Logan. They are seriously, the nicest people and this little baby is going to have amazing parents.

So when she asked me to guest post for her, while she was pushing out a baby - I said, "sure!" I always agree to guest post then I get so nervous because I never know what to write. I usually keep is simple and do a recipe or a tutorial, but I felt like I needed to actually write something over here - so here we go.

Those first days home after having a baby are blissful. And exhausting. And overwhelming. Your heart will want to swell up out of your chest when you hold that beautiful little being in your arms.

Hold that baby for as long as you want, there is no spoiling when a baby is involved. But know that it is okay to put them down, showering is a luxury - indulge in it. Breaks are okay, sharing the baby (even though it is so difficult) is also okay. Don't let that guilt creep in, because I am letting you know, it will. Just tell it to buzz off and enjoy a hot meal....that is also a luxury.

Know that babies cry, sometimes its because they actually need something, most of the time it's because they have no idea what is going on and crying about it just feels right. It can be overwhelming. especially when you are sleep deprived - I will be one to say, it won't be like this for long. Just know there is an other side and eventually the cries will turn into giggles and the giggles will turn into full belly laughs.

Set the bar low. Having low exceptions when you first come home with the baby will keep you from feeling like you need to do all the things. The dishes can wait, the laundry can sit. Park yourself in the most comfortable place, grab your baby and a blanket. Get caught up on the DVR. Snuggle and doze off, forget about the "to-do" list and just relax.

Those first few days home are surreal. Just days before you were a couple, and now a family. Soak it all in and take tons of pictures, they are only this little for a short time - before you know it you'll be potty training and checking out preschools.

I'm not an expert by any means, just a momma of two that has been though it. The ups and the downs, the cute and the down right scary. This motherhood business is no joke, these little people know how to wrap themselves around our little finger - but mostly our hearts. 




Thank you so much for having me Stephanie, I can't wait to meet this sweet little peanut! 

I'd love for you to stop by Little Mudpies and say hi. You can also connect with me on Facebook and Twitter

No comments: