Sunday, June 10, 2012

sunday treat...on time this week


Ok I know I've been posting a lot about food...but even before I got pregnant, We have always enjoyed trying new restaurants.  Logan and I once drove to Cleveland first on our way to Buffalo just to make a pit stop to go to a place that was on Diners. Drive-ins, and Dives to try their gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches. The restaurant is Melt Bar and Grilled and it was delicious.  Check out their website for more info: http://meltbarandgrilled.com/

One weekend we went to a food and fashion festival (another post that I have to catch up on, hello pregnancy brain!) I tried a delicious BLT hotdog- my doctor said it was fine if I have a hot dog here and there just not everyday.  But the restaurant this BLT hot dog came from was called Franks n' Dawgs.  When friday night dinner time rolled around and we both didn't feel like cooking anything, we decided to take the subway ride out to see what else was on the menu.


We chose a celebrity from the celebrity wall of shame
for our order number


The Chicagoesque- a spin on the original chicago dog and was pretty tasty (and nitrate free)


The Double Ducker- Duck Sausage, Duck Confit, with a bunch of stuff topped with Foie Gras (this obviously was Logan's).  Logan's silly response, "It was Quacktastic!"


Lyonnaise Fries- braised pig cheek, poached egg, dijon mustard vinaigrette



To check out the rest of the menu and all the goodness it has to offer:
http://www.franksndawgs.com


No comments: