Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Women's Health Month

May is Women's Health Month


I know for me, everyday I'm trying to be the healthiest I can be.  I'm trying to exercise, eat cleaner, lose the rest of my baby weight. I'm getting there but I'm definitely not there yet.  I want to really show my two kiddos about eating healthy and getting enough exercise and continuing to stay active. Plus, when I think of health- I think of other ways to reboot and recharge after chasing two little ones all day. Being a parent is no joke sometimes- so going to acupuncture, the chiropractor, massage, even a pedicure helps me do something for me, which doesn't come very often anymore and has to be strategically planned (naps, feedings, babysitters,etc). 

I also know that I could be more on top with check ups in general. I need to be on top of my dentists appointments, my physicals, and I need to return the phone call to my eye doctor's who keep reminding me I'm a few months late on my eye exam. So when I discovered this infographics about women's health from Oscar Insurance, I wanted to team up with them to raise awareness for women's health!  Of course these are just guidelines and suggestions, so you can agree or not agree with the immunization suggestions, but I really like the idea of what we should be doing in the different age groups for physical exams, having our blood pressure taken, as well as different kinds of screenings to stay on top of our health! As women, we multi-task, whether or not you are a wife, a mother, working a job, and we need to take a step back and take care of ourselves! 





So you maybe wondering who Oscar Insurance is?  

They are a technology based health insurance company in New Jersey and New York (sometimes I totally miss living on the east coast).  They are also growing fast and moving into two more states soon! They use technology with a mobile app with tools on the app that you can call your doctor right through the app with any health questions or concerns without having to make an appointment.  I know for me that would be LIFE CHANGING not having to find a babysitter or pack up two kids to go to an appointment, if not necessary!  There is also a personal health care timeline that lists out your entire health history within the app. They also have an incentive program where we provide our members with Misfit wearables they can sync them to the app, set personal goals for steps and every time they hit those goals they earn back cash rewards up to $240 a year. 

If you would like more info on Oscar Insurance you can click on the following links below!

https://www.hioscar.com/faq/new-jersey-health-insurance/
https://www.hioscar.com/faq/new-york-health-insurance/


So tell me in the comments below, what are you doing to take charge of your health?!

No comments: