Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Memories

Today is a day that I will hold on tight to memories.

Today is a day that I will try to smile through.


The memories of my Dad is what helps me get through this day every year.

 To name a few-

 The time he ate a warhead and it was so sour, he spit it across the kitchen table.

How hard he laughed when my grandfather ate cat food on the counter when he thought it was snack mix in a bowl on Christmas.

Or,  the time when he would pretend to do the Janet Jackson "If" dance for me when no one was watching.

When he showed up to pick me up from work at Osh Kosh and surprised me with a car and I said, "why does that car have my brother's license plates on it?"  Um duh.

All the times he and my mom would drive 10 hours from North Carolina to see me dance in college.

Even as a teenager and through college, he would wake me up at 5:30 on Christmas morning and ask me if I was going to open my presents. 

The last time I danced with my dad at my brother Derek's wedding only to lose him 4 months later.  



I miss him everyday and I hope I have made him proud.

No comments: