Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother's Day

So technically, this was my first Mother's Day.  That's right people I'm pregnant!  A few of you were wondering when I was finally going to make this announcement...here it is my friends!  This little monkey of ours will be making an appearance sometime in the middle of October.  We will find out at the end of the month who this little person is.  It has been a wild year for us.  October, we got married, bought a new car, got a job (that I had to quit), moved to Kansas City in January, found out we are having a baby in early Feb, next day...Logan's company decides to move us again temporarily to Chicago! We worked it out though that we are coming back here to Kansas City and Logan will go to the job site (which was planned anyway just not so soon) to get ready for the baby in my 3rd trimester, so 2 more months...am I really almost halfway there already?  I also have been flying back and forth for all my doctors appointments and for all of Logan's meetings and trainings, etc.  So now we have started the house hunt, we are growing up!  So I'm here in KC for the rest of the month trying to get our lives somewhat organized, flying every other week was getting a little crazy. I was getting a little exhausted! We are also getting anxious to find out if baby cook is a boy or girl!


Anyway back to Mother's day, Logan was so sweet and bought me a few presents for my mama to be day.  He bought me a chain for my wedding rings, my fingers are starting to feel like sausages and well before they get stuck on my finger, we had to find another plan of attack besides getting the rings cut off.  I wish I had a plan of attack for my expanding arms, I feel like that's where I have gained all my baby weight so far...last time I checked that isn't where the baby is growing. Damn you hormones.

He also bought me these sweet pandora charms, a baby carriage and a year of the dragon charm since this year is the year of the dragon in chinese astrology. I can't wait to see him as a father! There is no one in the entire world I would want to share this with but him. There is a never a dull moment with the Slogans.  Needless to say, my root canal I had a few weeks ago was a little miserable because I couldn't take anything but tylenol.  Happy belated Mother's day to all the wonderful moms out there!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I am so excited for you!! :)