Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Farmers Daughter

So our friends Cari and Drew found out about this restaurant in Chuckey, TN.  So we went one Sunday afternoon to this place, its called the Farmers Daughter.  Ok first of all, its all you can eat for $11.86 a person and then you get a choice of two meats, they had a long list but we went with Fried Chicken (we live in Tennessee, we had to!) and the pork chops.  It's all served family style so they bring a decent amount out at a time.   So of course I had to get sweet tea and they brought over cornbread and biscuits with REAL huge slabs of butter and yummy local honey.  Then when the food came out, it came with 12 sides!  I'm not exaggerating: macaroni and cheese, creamed corn, fried okra, cornbread salad, pickles, soup beans, cabbage, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potato casserole, green beans, cole slaw...I don't even know if I've made it to 12 yet.  Not to mention that dessert is also included.  I went with the strawberry cheesecake because they were out of pumpkin pie, boo and Logan had strawberry shortcake.  DELICIOUS. We were so full and so ready for a nap.  On our way back, I see this creature in the road, ok it was a turkey, but I have never seen a turkey this big or this city girl see a turkey RUNNING ACROSS THE ROAD!  Where do we live?!  Sometimes I wonder how I manage to make it around the country.  Logan thinks it's hysterical that I am really naive as to what goes on in the country.

Check out the website and the sweet music, we will be going back for breakfast one saturday...that's another post for sure, once I roll myself out of there.

www.thefarmersdaughterrestaurant.com/

No comments: